Open Source Solutions
Mavrick IT encourages, assists and guides companies to drive strategy and execution by implementing powerful analytics centric processes.
Analyze: Use analytics to understand & evaluate business objectives, markets, customers and actions.
Plan:Set company-wide top down and bottom up strategies and goals driven by data and analytics.
Action:Implementation of strategy with specific processes & modification of processes.
Mavrick IT is a software company in Dallas focused on solutions for enterprises in the areas of Reporting, Compliance and Analytics. The three areas although discrete in nature but are also inter-related when viewed from an organizational point of view.
Mavrick IT builds discrete solutions for individual problems in the domains of Compliance, Reporting and Analytics as well as provides an enterprise solution leveraging Mavrick IT proprietary technology and other vendors in the industry.
Summary of Business Domain
As enterprises grow organically and through acquiring, complexity and disparity of systems become widespread. In general as compliance and reporting requirements arise most companies tend to address the problem as an ad-hoc issue by a) building database driven rules, often hard-coded, b) OLAP based rules in some rare cases. However, none of these addresses new compliance and reporting requirement and forces organizations to get into the cycle of ad-hoc solutions. As organizations do more and more global business there are requirements to standardize on reporting, accept local standard requirements and bridge markets and cross-organization transparency. Beyond that governments all over the world are becoming more and more stringent on reporting. In the recent years, GAAP, IFRS, Basel II, Sarbanes Oxley, etc. are a few examples of reporting and compliance requirement that have come into discussion globally.
Mavrick IT's solution essentially focuses on providing an engine that can quickly join, create and import data rules into its engine and build the required reports and if required transact electronically internally within an organization and externally to government, third party agencies and other organizations.
In order to facilitate such technology Mavrick IT provides a complete solution includes the following:
- Metadata reading and transport capability from sources such as external databases
- Capability to write and import rules using spreadsheets and flat files
- An application framework that allows users to create GUI and backend data containers in table and XML formats to facilitate data validation and data input.
Has missing Medicare beneficiary data become a nightmare for you? In light of the Coordination of Benefits Contractor (COBC) mandated reporting requirements, has the "missing data" problem just become a lot worse?
Mavrick IT has a solution
The Government implemented MSP (Medicare Secondary Payer) program shifts costs from Medicare to private sources of payment.
The COBC is responsible for the performance of activities that support the collection, management, and reporting of other insurance coverage for Medicare beneficiaries. Its duties focus on activities to ensure that Medicare makes proper payments by identifying the correct payer before payments are made. It is primarily an information-gathering entity.
The COBC does not process any claims, nor does it handle any mistaken payment recoveries or claim-specific inquiries. The COBC has responsibility for establishing individual beneficiary MSP records on the Common Working File (CWF), the official source of beneficiary information for Medicare.
The Government implemented MSP(Medicare Secondary Payer ) program shifts costs from Medicare to private sources of payment
Before 2009, *Medicare was the "primary payer" — that is, it pays health claims first, and if a beneficiary has other insurance, that insurance may fill in all or some of Medicare's gaps.
Since mid-2009, **Medicare becomes the secondary payer. The Primary Payer responsibility now falls on:
- a group health plan based on either their own or a spouse's current employment;
- auto and other liability insurance;
- no-fault liability insurance; and
- workers' compensation situations, including the Black Lung program.
Medicare is the nation's health insurance program for qualifying individuals who are 65 and older, disabled, and those with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
Special circumstantial rules decide on Medicare becoming the secondary payer.
In order to follow the mandatory process are you burdened with the following?
- Manually creating query files
- Joining data files
- Creating headers and formatting
- Manually checking the corrected files from COBC
- Manually entering data into your claims systems
- Lack of validation and no error code checking
Mavrick IT Solution Features
- Add-on database that can be easily modified as new data requirements are added
- Automatic query file generation
- Add-on database is kept synchronized with COBC for both query and response files
- Eliminates error by internal validation for response files
- Forms that allow easy data entry with flags and alerts clearly showing missing fields
- Error tracking on response files
- Reporting and Analytics
- Automated submission to COBC
- Add-on database is kept synchronized with your claims system for response files
Do you know where you spend most of your time and burn most of your budget in a project lifecycle? Can you forecast project completion accurately? Can you forecast risk? If you answered "no" to any of these questions, you need to give Mavrick IT a second look.
We know all about the challenges of building and managing a service business – remember that we too are in the business of providing professional services. The victories and setbacks we faced in making our own business profitable have given us valuable insight, and we have whittled the turnaround time of our solution to around 4-6 weeks. This solution provides strong reporting and analytics capabilities on a MOLAP database, and we also implement an intelligent process that manages your daily operations.
If your workforce is familiar with Microsoft Excel or Open Office we can implement a business intelligence solution using either of these two programs. You get a customized, user-friendly business solution that's just right for you, and you won't even have to learn new software or spend big bucks to train your staff.
Anyone who has gone through the process of estimating projects should know how essential it is to accurately set revenue targets and cost limits. We can help you build an estimating tool that's specific to your development objectives and that allows different methods and processes to be tested. Keeping quality in mind, we will develop an estimating tool or enhance your current one based on your data.
The objective of capturing timesheets in spreadsheets as above allows you to see actual time spent on a task compared to your estimates. Formulas built in automatically allow the user to view Estimated Time to Completion (ETC) for that task. Beyond reporting, the timesheets are fully supported by business processes such as approval by manager, email notification and invoicing.
Web Based Reporting and Analytics
Do you know if you are running your projects on time and on budget? Are you aware of how long it will take to complete all the milestones? Let Mavrick IT provide the business intelligence that will make your business more efficient and in the long run more profitable – today.
Mavrick IT provides dashboard based solutions to track and forecast on fundamental metrics such as Client Retention, Client Churn and Customer Lifetime Value Analysis:
- Customer satisfaction
- Customer response rates (by channel) - direct mail response rate
- Web channel usage patterns
- Email subscription
- Email response
- Purchases made
- Volume of purchases over time by purchase type
- Discounts applied and profit analysis
Additional value added metrics include:
- Product offer response by segment
- Incentive response rates
- The length of time since a customer's purchase
- Retention: This is the ration of the number of retained customers to the number at risk
- Customer Counts: these are the number of customers of a firm for a specified time period - typically driven by contract periods and tenure - becomes more complex if you are trying to drive this across contracts to get a POV on a single customer - i.e. telecom across offerings, banking multiple products; Parma different product sets
- Customer Time: The length of time a customer stays in a program by profile - psychographic or demographic profile - women, aged 22 renew a subscriptions to magazine for 4 years before dropping from the program
- Customer Lifetime Value: the present value of the future cash flows attributed to the customer relationship
- Prospect Lifetime Value: The response rate times the sum of the initial margin and the CLV of the acquired customer minus the cost of the prospecting effort
- Average Acquisition Cost: The ration of acquisition spending to the number of new customers acquired
- Average Retention Cost: The ratio of retention spending to the number of customers retained.